Friday, August 31, 2007

*Sigh of Relief*

*Whew* the first week is officially over (class wise that is). I didn't have any classes until after lunch so I read the two chapters of the Iliad I was assigned for Literature. It's really violent. Think about The Patriot. I also reviewed biology.

Today I used my digital vioce recorder for the first time in an academic setting. I recorded my history lecture. History and literature are the two classes that I really need to record because the teacher brings insights that aren't necessarily in the book. Biology on the other hand is pretty straight forward in terms of material that must be learned.

This evening two of my roommates and I set up my laptop with some computer speakers and watched part of The Sting. It's a really good, suspensful movie! It's complicated enough to keep you interested, but if you pay attention, you won't get too lost. ;)

Oh yea! We finally got our I.D. cards! I just have to go to the registrar sometime soon to get my picture taken for the I.D.

Well, I'm really tired. I'm so happy Mass is at 9 a.m. instead of 7:50 a.m! :)

3 comments:

Linda G said...

A digital voice recorder! Man, one of those would have come in handy during our history lectures too. So how was the first Saturday?

Anonymous said...

The Iliad is my second favorite novel ever--tied with Crime and Punishment! Lord of the Rings, is of course, number one.

And literature! And history! Elizabeth, they are the greatest of classes EVER!

:-)

Do you have a cell phone, btw?

Nataliann said...

'The Sting' is one of the best movies EVER!!! I absolutely love it! It's one of those that you can watch a zillion times and never get tired of.