Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Ramble

There really isn't much to say about the party on Wednesday. Five of my seven roommates and their families all came over for a pot luck. We talked and laughed, and interogated and shared. The parents all chatted, and some of the siblings swam in the pool. All in all it went better than anyone could have hoped. (Except for God Who made it all happen!)

Not all of my roomates are pictured on this blog. One didn't fly down till Thursday and this picture was taken of Wednesday. My last roomate was a complete surprise! None of us knew anything about her! But she's great, just like the rest. :)

I actually went to Target with her and other freshmen today. I only needed one thing, but since she also flew she needed some really important stuff. So we ran around Target brainstorming items worthy of purchase!

If you are seriously interested in the details of orientation, you will have to check out www.avemaria.edu and click on students, then orientation schedule (I'm pretty sure that's where you'll find it.) But it's impossibly for me to sum up an experience like this on a blog. In a book, maybe...but I won't have time to write a book any time soon. :)

This afternoon, I discovered that several of my roommates love Irish music too! I'm hoping we'll be able to play music together (i.e. session) some time tomorrow!
Tonight we had some praise and worship, and heard a funny, but inspiring talk by Chris Padgett.

Well, I'm planning on going on the Rosary walk at 11 p.m. (it's only this late because of all the orientation events). Tommorrow I plan to attend 10 o'clock Mass (Yea! Sleep!) I hope it's not in Latin...I'm pretty sure it's not.

No comments: