Monday, August 27, 2007

The First Day

Today was the first day of classes! It began with a quick continental breakfast and a ribbon cutting ceremony to officially open the campus. There were news cameras all around, so watch for me on the news! ;)

Then I had Elementary Latin. The teacher is a Polish priest. He has an accent, but I don't have any reall trouble understanding him. He really loves what he teaches. Thus far I like Latin. :[)

Opening Mass was at noon (the Masses here really help to lift my mind to God), followed by a quick sack lunch, after which I was on my way to Western Civilization I. Nothing really interesting there except I found out that the teachers had collectively decided to change one of the text books. So I had to return the one I had, and must buy a different one.

Then came Biology 211...*scary music plays*...I was overwhelmed by all the projects that were necessary. Lab reports, an oral presentation, and a self-designed lab! Of course they're not due all at once. The last two aren't due until December and November respectively. I also discovered that I had the wrong books for this class also (or quoque as I learned in Latin) so I had to return those and pre-order the correct ones.

Well, I'm going to read about the lab I have tomorrow! I also have a literature class. (Yuck!) at least I'm being taught by the renowned Joseph Pearce.

No comments: