Friday, August 17, 2007

The night before...

O.K. technically it is the morning of departure for Naples, Fl as it is 12:05 A.M. However, I will still consider this the night before since the sun has not yet risen.

We will leave some time between noon and 1 p.m. tomorrow (literally today). I'm essentially packed. I just have a few last minute things to gather up; specifically pillows, toothbrush, and retainer (*blah*). Other than that I'm ready. I plan to re-read Leisure: The Basis of Culture on the way down, so that I'll have it fresh in my memory for the discussion/ice breaker that will be held either Friday or Saturday. I'm both excited and nervous about this discussion, but thus far the thought of university is nothing but an unusual mixture of excitement and nervousness!

I'm glad my last night at home was so fun! It was Ms. Linda's Birthday and she and Mr. Jeff came over for dinner, cake, and a movie. :) We also had our pick of five kinds of ice cream! Needless to say, I had the chocolate fudge!

I have no clue when I will "blog" again. Hopefully soon enough to share the craziness of my first week or so. Misery and joy both love company! But if I don't hello and good-bye at the same time! Also, check out http://www.avemaria.edu/ and http://www.avemaria.com/ for info about the university and surrounding town respectively.

Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Costa Rica. Hope that the long drive was not too tiring and that you are now settled into your new residence. Have you met you roomates?

Linda G said...

YEAH! It's Miss Linda - a.k.a. Goldiefish. So excited to read your first post. And You did great with the very, very, very brief lesson. Such aptitude!

When you're at the dashboard you can click settings then when they come up you can click template and then change template and you'll be able to adjust the color to blue and white or whatever you'd like. or something like that.

You can find me at www.bigseaoflife.blogspot.com

I'll check back to see how the first week is going.
Peace, Miss Linda