Saturday, January 17, 2009

One down...

So I have survived the first week of classes. I like all of my classes (though American Civilization not as much as the others) and am very eagar to study. There was a surprise birthday party for a friend two nights ago, and another party for another friend tonight! Birthdays never go uncelebrated here! My roommate and I went on our first Target run of the semester (she has a car). All's well at Target, and I got peanut butter, so I am happy. :) I auditioned and was accepted into the Women's Schola. We will be singing at four Extraordinary Form Masses thoughout the semester.

The Spring Formal Academic Convocation started the semester off with a bang, as Dr. Francis Beckwith gave the opening lecture. He is an amazing Catholic philosopher. I am reading one of his books in my ethics class. He signed it for me! :) I think everyone should read it. It's called "Relativism: Feet Firmly Planted in Mid-Air." It's very accessible.

This moring I went with a group of students to pray at an abortion mill. We arrived back on campus just in time to make it to the opening Mass, at which the archbishop of the archdioces was the main celebrant. We got in just as they were processing in! God is good!

Had a liesurly lunch after Mass, learned a couple of words in sign language, got help with one of Horace's poems, and got some reading done. I really need to study hard this evening!

P.S. Please feel invited to leave comments as they have the tendency to brighten my day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely first week. Congrats on making Womens Schola!

Goodrow Gang said...

So glad to hear that you are having a wonderful time at school! Maybe we'll catch you at home sometime this year.

Joel