Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Events and an Accident

So school is going along. In theology we're reading some excellent excerpts; I hope to read some of the books in their entirity over the summer. In Ethics we have "The Daily Depredation" which involves reading recent articles or blog comments to controversial issues and then identifying the flaws and contradictions in the arguments and statements. In Latin we are reading Horace. Yesterday Horace was going on about how he would make a perpetual name for himself by his great skill as a poet. Rather prophetic considering that in 2009 people are still reading and praising his poems. Had to drop schola because of schedule conflicts, but this means I have more time to study. :) For American Civ. I'm just trying not to fall behind on the textbook readings which are rather long.

Last night my friend and I witnessed a horse-back riding accident. The horses were galloping on cobble stone and (it all happened very fast) I guess one slipped and the rider fell. Miraculously (and I am not speaking hyperbolically) the rider had no broken bones or serious head injury. Praise be Jesus in Mary! Praise be Mary in Jesus! So please offer Rosaries of thanksgiving to Jesus and Mary for the preservation of the rider's life and health!

No comments: