Monday, November 5, 2007

UpDate

Long time no blog! So....

I cooked dinner on Sunday. I made cook-up (i.e. rice, pigeon pea, and chicken "stew") for my roommates and I. It was good! One of my roommates also made bread. Yum!

All Saints' Day we didn't have classes. I got a package from home...chocolate! ;)

All Souls' Day the AMU choir had it's first concert. It was beautiful!

Saturday I went to a student organized and written musical production that is known as Cabaret: An American Salute. It was quite good. :)

This week is pre-registration week. So I met with my accademic advisor today and registered for classes next semester. I'm going to be very busy Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; Classes don't end until 4:20 p.m. But on Teusday I only have Latin and Lab, and Thursday I only have Latin!

People are already wispering about finals...

The weather is cooling off. It's around 60 degrees farenheit in the mornings. The high was around 80 today. I love this weather! Though I do miss real autumn. There aren't a lot of trees around here and the few that are around haven't really changed color.

I'm excited about Thanksgiving break! I'm just going to leave all school behind! But I will have a paper due the Monday after Thanksgiving, possibly two papers. And I'll have to perform a self-directed lab that Teusday. Oh, and I need to start working on an oral presentation for Dec. 4 (Biology). I need to get on it! It's soooo hard not to be lazy and procrastinate!

I've got to study Latin and read the lab procedure for tomorrow. Apparently, we're going to be isolating DNA from the skin cells inside our mouths, and then replicating it. And for Latin we have a quiz on a few irregular verbs. It's confusing because "est" can mean "he/she/it is" or "he/she/it eats".

Nolo studere. (I don't want to study). Volo ludere. (I want to play). Possum vincere. (I can conquer). Orate pro me! (You all pray for me!)

1 comment:

Linda G said...

Cooking the dorm has come a long way! When do you come home? Replicating mouth cells...ewe, I mean what a fabulous scientific experiement : ) Replicating chocolate cells to go into the mouth..now that would be something I could get excited about!
Prayers are being offered as we, I type. Nice with the Latin verbage by the way.