Friday, May 29, 2009

Summary of Summer (so far)

So, long time no blog. Today is vacation prep day so this won't be long:
  • The Ignatian Silent Retreat was amazing!!!!!!!! Though, I guess I missed talking more than I realized since I stayed up till 3 a.m. chatting and hanging out! :O I hadn't stayed up that late all semester! Then I woke up around 6 a.m. to say my last farewells to two friends.
  • My roommate, another friend, and I had a safe drive (despite the fact that we were all a little sleep deprived) from school to N. Fl. where my dad met us and picked up me and my friend.
  • My friend visited me for a week and we had a great time! We did everything from make-up to mountain climbing, movie watching, costume designing (she's going to sew me a 19th cen. gown!), shopping, visiting the Civil War Naval Museum, Dim Sum eating, Farmers Market exploring, and a driving tour (thanks to Gowasack & Co.) of the downtown and Decatur. It was wonderful to spend so much time with her! She is an amazing person!
  • Yesterday, I got my hair cut. Short. I won't say more than that; you'll have to wait for pictures.... ;)
  • Now we're preparing for a beach trip with the paternal side of the family. I've got my swim suit and reading list ready!
  • Off to pack!

No comments: