Friday, February 13, 2009

Into Great Silence

Ok, so the silence isn't that great just from Friday evening - Sunday afternoon. But still, silence is golden. Especially when it is spent with Jesus! Please pray for me and the other 80 young women attending the Women's Spring Silent Retreat this weekend! God has been very generous to me as I do not have any big assignments this weekend! I'm sooooooo excited! I'm all packed, spiritual reading, new sleeping bag (which I can't wait to use ;) and all! I even brought some home work for Ethics to read on the drive (a presentation of moral methodologies written by two Dominican priests).

Obtaining this reading was quite the event. You see, the teacher scanned the chapter from a book and then e-mailed the chapter in several installments. So I spent at least an hour printing all of this out. I read American Civ. when my direction was not needed by the computer/printer.

I am some what consoled after reading American Civ. Apparently politics has been a vicious game from the beginning. However, early on it seems that the majority of politicians, although far from total selflessness, were seeking what they thought was best for the country. And they had a more sound philosophical foundation to stand upon. Now it's just a messy relativistic power struggle. Ah well. We pray.

Random info: we're finally having FL appropriate weather :) (some students went swimming today!) I'm learning American sign language sporatically from a classmate; it's really fun! I'm trying to ward off a cold which involves taking Robitussin (:P) and cold-eez. But, Praise God, I don't have any symptoms other than some congestion. Classes are still enjoyable. The Aeneid is much easier to read than either Caesar, Cicero, or Horace, Ethics is life changing, and Creation and Grace is contemplation inducing. American Civ. is more tolerable now that I know that the short research paper is due after spring break.

Please Pray for me and my friends and for two special intentions! Into great silence I go....

No comments: