Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ah life....

So life is going on. The silent retreat was wonderful, as usual. It's always somewhat bitter sweet to come back to the world, but I've jumped back in. Just trying to keep my head above the homework, and starting to feel the pressure to study for midterms.

I received a good mark on my first Ethics paper, and was much encouraged. The next paper is assigned this Thursday so I guess I get to do it all over again. This one will be harder as we have been discussing the relationship between metaphysics, anthropology, and ethics. This includes such things as conjoint-disjuncts, moral equations, an ethical wedding cake, and the funnel concept of the human person. Not to mention a survey of moral methodologies and world views (ex. deism, postmodernism etc.)

I'm getting really excited about this weekend! I am going on another retreat, but this time it's with the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist in MI. So lots of flying will be done. :) I need to be sure I pack light so that I hop on my connecting flight with ease. Funny thing is on Sunday I have a layover in Atl (extrapolate emotions here)... Anyway, Please pray for me this weekend!

Tonight is the first officer's meeting of the World Youth Day club. I was chosen as VP so now I get to see what this entails. We have TONS of fundraising so that we can go to WYD 2011 in Madrid. Viva el Papa! :)

P.S. Weather is finally warm! Though not miserably hot.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow! I have a really good friend who is in the novitiate with the Mary Mother of the Eucharist Dominicans. If you see a Sr. Kristin- not sure if she's taken another name yet, but ask for the novice from Notre Dame- tell her that Laura says hi! Small world :-)